[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and CUDA reprised

From: Andrew Hofmaier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and CUDA reprised
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:13:46 -0500

Greetings,

I've begun to look into accelerating GNURadio applications with Nvidia CUDA GPU's
and have scanned through the archives of the discussion list.  I had two
questions on the topic:

1.  Is the CUDA-GNURadio port done by Martin DvH circa 2008 still
available and runnable?  All links I've seen are broken.

2.  Much of the results I've seen, both here and elsewhere, suggest that
CUDA is not typically applicable to general GNURadio applications.  It
has worked in specific cases, but only where the data throughput
requirements are very high and the algorithms are extremely
parallelizable.  Most of the discussion seems to be rather dated, with
no discussion after the introduction of Fermi (GTX400,500 and Tesla 20x0
series) cards.  Does anyone have any comments on the feasibility of
these cards for GNURadio applications?  Some of the major relevant
improvements are the ability to concurrently schedule multiple kernels
and asynchronously perform memory transfers.

Thank you,

Andrew Hofmaier