Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A Humble Request....for allowing to copy Circ

From: Mark Steward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A Humble Request....for allowing to copy Circuit into PCB
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:54:37 +0000

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Moeller <address@hidden> wrote:
> You need a critical mass of developers to start a GNU-like open hardware.
> Anybody interested?
> It's a lot of work for a single person, but not so much in a shared effort.

I absolutely agree.  Production costs may be high for an individual
trying to build a USRP equivalent, but I don't see why it couldn't be
shared.  PCB printing in particular can be done in batches, or locally
by anyone with reasonable skill.  The USRP has become a standard for
SDR, and it would be good to get something comparable and open source.