[Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronize USRP using 5Hz pps

From: Sangho Oh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronize USRP using 5Hz pps
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:36:45 -0500

Hello,

I am using Garmin 18 5Hz PPS clock for USRP synchronization.

This is the GPS: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8631

However, because it is 5Hz PPS not 1Hz, the synchronization looks not working properly.

I got following message on the time stamp reading after 1 sec.

"Creating the usrp device with: ...
Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
Synched to PPS: Reading time 1s later: 0.829645"

As you see, the time reading after 1 sec is smaller than 1 sec.

I am wondering if I have to buy another GPS for 1 Hz PPS.

Thanks.

- Sangho