[Discuss-gnuradio] WBX - only real signal after some time

From: Ruben Undheim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX - only real signal after some time
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:40:47 +0100

Hello.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced that the WBX stops sending the quadrature component of the complex signal after a while. This happens especially if I have sliders for setting the frequencies or the gain, and the sliders are slided. (so that a frequency change control signal is sent several times successively)
In an FFT-sink, this is observed as a display mirrored around the base frequency.

I have not found any other solution to fix this than to restart the whole program every time it happens. This has never happened when using the TVRX board.

I wonder if this is normal for these daughterboards, and that one just has to ensure that they do not get a lot of frequency setting control messages successively, or if there is a workaround.

Ruben
 (using USRP1)