[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + UHD MIMO implementation

From: Yong J. Chang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + UHD MIMO implementation
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:41:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I'm working on implementation of MIMO system based on USRP2+UHD.
I used MIMO method #3, which uses 10Mhz and 1PPS external reference clock.
Also multiple USRP2s are connected to one PC though multiple Gbit Ethernet
connections.

I used multiple uhd_single_usrp_source and uhd_single_usrp_sink blocks to
create MIMO.
They are also connected to traditional GR blocks with some modifications.

After aligning two timetags, synchronization is pretty much satisfied.

However, using multiple uhd_single_usrp blocks seems not clever.
I just look over uhd_mimo_source and  uhd_mimo_sink block codes.

Are they just for MIMO cable setup?

ps: is there anybody who built a MIMO system with more than two antenna
using USRP2s?
     I want to talk with them seriously. =)