[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers vs UHD drivers in gnuradio-companion

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers vs UHD drivers in gnuradio-companion
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:41:43 -0500

After successfully installed uhd and gnuradio from the next branch on F13 i run a simple gnuradio-companion test with a flex 1800 as the source and an FFT sink.

It seems that when i use a uhd source my signal is ~ 80dB lower than when using a USRP source. What is the explanation of this?

Also, it used to be that I needed to be in the "usrp" group in order to access the USRP. Now i deleted this group and i still have access to usrp (even when the source is not a uhd one but a usrp source)!
My understanding is that if i use the uhd device then i can do that
(ie, don't need to be in the "usrp" group) but it seems to be happening even with the usrp source.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Achilleas