Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:05:49 -0500

> Right. The dmesg outputs nothing.  I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.  There is no
> such directory /dev/ttyUSB0.

It isn't /dev/ttyUSB0 on all systems - the file-device naming depends
on a lot of things that are system-specific.  On many Fedora systems,
for example, it maps to something other than USB0.

I don't use Ubuntu, so I can't speak to how it might get mapped there.
Regardless, if dmesg isn't printing anything, something else is amiss.

Just as a quick check, make sure udev is running:

$ ps -ef | grep udevd

> To log in via Ethernet, what is the default IP for the E100?

There isn't a 'default IP' - it runs a dhclient and asks your gateway
for an IP.  If you don't have a better way of network discovery, you
could have your router dump the DHCP table and you should be able to
deduce which one is your E100 =)

Cheers,
Ben