Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about xlating filter and resample filter

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about xlating filter and resample filter
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:04:04 -0500

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:23 PM, James Jordan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all, I use xlating filter get baseband data from a wide band signal, but
> the xlating result sample
> rate is not what I want, so I need to use resample to convert the signal to
> the sample rate what I
> want. I find gr_rational_resampler_base_ccc also need a filter(tap). I
> already filter the baseband signal
> so how should I set the resampler filter(tap)?
>
> Thanks!

The easiest thing to do is use blks2.rational_resampler_ccc(I, D).
This is a  wrapper around gr.rational_resampler_base_ccc, but if you
don't pass it the taps and just the interpolation and decimation
values, it will design a filter for you that is the width of the
passband.

If you are using the git code (master or next), you can also use
blks2.pfb_arb_resampler(rate) where the rate is the real number
resampling rate you want. It, too, will automatically generate the
filter for you if you don't specify one.

Tom