[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with FPGA or with firmware?

From: Gabriel Morel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with FPGA or with firmware?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:33:13 -0500

Hi everyone,

                I thought I had a problem with my FPGA image, but the led F means that the FPGA is well programed.  The led E would mean that the FPGA have load the firmware.  I compiled the raw internet version of the FPGA with ISE 10.1 and i tried it with Raw Ethernet firmware with WBX.

So the problem is not compiling the code but the code itself or the firmware. To be sure, is there anyone who could give me the summary playback sequence of the firmware. How the FPGA loads the firmware in RAM? Where are the source files of the firmware?  I have to study them to understand what goes wrong.  Can it be the initialization of the block RAM in the ucf files or everything else?

Gabriel