[Discuss-gnuradio] Ram_loader VS CPLD VS firmware

From: Gabriel Morel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ram_loader VS CPLD VS firmware
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:02:06 -0500

Hi, I need some help for ram_loader.v.  I have a bug with start-up of the usrp2 and I think that ram_loader module may be the problem.  Some process in that file aren't clocked.  Can somebody knowing verilog language help me.  I know some, bug i'm not a expert, can a state machine run without clock?

I think ram_loader have a problem because the usrp2 doesn't start with my u2_rev3.bin but the fpga is well programed.  So if the ram_loader doesn't work, the firmware can't be load.  Or the ram_loader works well with the cpld but the cpld can't read and load the firmware from the SD card.

I can write on the sd card , the usrp2 can load u2_rev3.bin but not the firmware.  So the problem is not the compiled binary file but can be the verilog program, the cpld or the firmware.

If somebody have an idea.

Gabriel