[Discuss-gnuradio] gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): Invalid argument

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): Invalid argument
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:38:31 -0800

./shmget_demo_issue.py -v 1024 -n 2048
gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): Invalid argument
gr_buffer::allocate_buffer: failed to allocate buffer of size 16392 KB
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted

So, I have the latest gnuradio next and ubuntu 10.10. This issue crops
up whenever I try to run the wxgui fftsink with my usrp2 at full rate,
and on several different computers.

I have recreated the problem with a simple python app. No message
queues, no usrp hardware, no graphics, just core gnuradio blocks.
Application attached.

null source -> keep one in n -> null sink

Basically, increasing the N (decimation) to a high enough number causes
this issue consistently. Why should more decimation cause this? Did
something in the tags implementation change this behavior? Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Josh