[Discuss-gnuradio] E100 frustrated newbie questions.

From: Ingmar Meins
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 frustrated newbie questions.
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:26:32 +1100

Hi All,

I've now had the E100 with WBX for about a week and I feel like I am going around in circles!

I've run the UHD examples and the non-USRP examples because of course the python examples have not caught up with UHD, the E100 itself works fine.

I have now found some of the work on the list where people are porting the examples to python/UHD.

When I try to run some of this example code I get the error message "ImportError: cannot import name usrp".

Is this because the board is not actually setup with the python links to UHD when you get it?

Do I have to go through the whole p.i.t.a. process of recompiling UHD and gnuradio on the E100 or are these available from some secret repository so I can use opkg? Huge learning curve at present not helped at all by the zero information that comes in the $2000 box!

Also, I know grc won't fully run because there is no wxpython library on the E100 but am I correct in assuming I should be able to still use grc to compile my designs to python files and then run those results?

Sorry but I'm struggling with the whole finding the right forum or complete (and CORRECT) answers to some basic questions on this sexy new product (E100).

Any newbie pointers would be very much appreciated,

Cheers,

Ingmar
Canberra, Australia