[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems starting GRC ?

From: John Rohde
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems starting GRC ?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:39:20 +0100

I have downloaded (git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git), built and installed (according to wiki instructions) the latest version of GNU RADIO.
I am working on Ubuntu 10.10 platform.

I have the following exports added to bash.bashrc:

# GNU Radio installation

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages

(I have checked that these default paths exist)

When I try to launch grc from the terminal, I get a popup saying:

"cannot import gnuradio. Are your PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly?"

The top of the popup is saying: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-core-3.4git.so.0: undef .... (the last part is not visible -> anyway to see it all?)

When I try "python -c "import gnuradio" " i the terminal window, I get no error messages.

Any help greatly appreciated. What can I do in order to get GRC to work?

Regards,

John Rohde