Re: Re[Discuss-gnuradio] g:Books on GNU RADIO AND USRP IMPLEMENTATION

From: Michael Ossmann
Subject: Re: Re[Discuss-gnuradio] g:Books on GNU RADIO AND USRP IMPLEMENTATION
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:17:04 -0700

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:05:09AM -0800, sumitstop wrote:

> Are there any books available where i can find detailed text and
> illustrations of GNU RADIO as well as practical USRP implementation
> examples.

This book doesn't cover GNU Radio or the USRP, but I'm a big fan of it
anyway:

Telecommunication Breakdown by Johnson and Sethares

It has an excellent series of exercises for Matlab (that work in Octave
too) and is a very good introductory text to practical software radio
techniques.  In my experience, if you go through the book and do the
exercises, GNU Radio and the USRP will become much easier to work with.

There is a mostly complete pre-release PDF available on the author's
site, so you can try before you buy.