[Discuss-gnuradio] Algorithm convergence problem in DBPSK2?

From: Feng Andrew Ge
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Algorithm convergence problem in DBPSK2?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:13:44 -0500

I did some test on DBPSK2 checked out from gnuradio.git next and observed some interesting result.

I set up a transmitter and a receiver, using UHD. Two radios were close to to each other (2~3 feet). I set TX and RX gain both as 18dB. When I started the transmitter first and then the receiver, I could receive data packets correctly; however, when I started the receiver first, most time I could not receive data at all and the CPU consumption soared.

There seems to exist some algorithm convergence problem in the second scenario.

Andrew