Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to suspend the flowgragh without any signal t

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to suspend the flowgragh without any signal transmission for a few sec
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:57:05 -0800 (PST)

  On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:05:33 -0500 Yan Nie wrote:
> how to pause the system for 5 milliseconds? ... time.sleep(0.005)

The op25-dev p25 transmitter faces a similar problem of how to
have real-time PTT (push to talk) - the transmit duty cycle is
usually far lower than 100%.

During periods of inactivity, the TX block (which connects directly
to the USRP sink block) just outputs zero-valued complex samples -
so a "signal" is still transmitted, but it has zero energy - and
no sleep() is used.

Some of the gnuradio-example progs also contain calls such as
   self.subdev.set_enable(enable)            # set H/W Tx enable
although this might not give you a very fine tuned control in
terms of timing
( also no clue if set_enable() is universally supported or not).

Max