[Discuss-gnuradio] Any E100/Beagleboard users running into realtime sche

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any E100/Beagleboard users running into realtime scheduling issues?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:01:12 -0500 (EST)

Out of curiosity are there any USRP E100 users running into problems enabling realtime scheduling?  On my beagleboard I am not able to use realtime scheduling since upgrading to the latest kernel and Angstrom.  Apparently there is an issue with realtime scheduling being done on per group basis or something like that, which is weird since I was doing everything as root.

Anyways I managed to fix this issue by

echo -1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime

which apparently was reserving 95% of the CPU time for realtime threads which even as root I wasn't able to access.  Anyways, I'm interested from hearing if someone else faced this and if there's a neater solution

al fayez