Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to stop the top_block and restart signal tran

From: Yan Nie
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to stop the top_block and restart signal transmission
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:22:03 -0500

Hi Jason,

I really appreciate your help about the problem that I got. The info related to
the GNURadio and the USRP that I'm using is listed in the following.

> Please confirm that you just see the carrier, not your modulated
> signal when using the lock()/unlock()

I checked the result of using lock()/unlock() by correlating the down converted
signal with the Barker code, at the transmission pause interval, there is no
correlation peak. Therefore, it turned out there is no code transmitted during
the transmission pause interval. Is it a right way to test if there is Barker
code transmitted during the transmission pause interval? Is lock/unlock working
for completely turning off the signal transmission for 5ms? However, I'm sure
when using lock/unlock method still gives at least carrier signal in the
pausing interval, which is observed on the oscilloscope.

> Also, please tell us:
>
> What version of GNUradio are you using?

The version of GNUradio that I'm using is GNURadio 3.2svn

> What hardware are you using? USRP?  which daughterboard?

I'm using USRP1 with LFTX daughterboard plug-in. (similarly, at the receiver
side,USRP1 with LFRX plug-in is utilized. )

> Are you using UHD?

I'm not using UHD.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Thanks,