[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem editing GNURadio C++ Files

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem editing GNURadio C++ Files
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:34:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm interested in editing some of the source and sink .cc files.

On my older laptop I have obtained GNURadio from the terminal using the build instructions.  I am able to locate the .cc files I am interested in editing.

On my newer laptop I installed GNURadio and GRC using the synaptic package manager.  I can get GRC to work just great but I am interested in modifying the .cc files.

I have searched extensively in the entire file system on my new laptop and I cannot find the same .cc files that are on my older laptop with the manual installation.  The only thing I could find was the header files and the .xml files but not the .cc C++ files.

Does anyone know if I have to work with a manual installation if I am interested in modifying the C++ files?  Will the modified .cc files still work with GRC generated scripts?

The dilemma is that I like using GRC because it is easy for a beginner who doesn't have much python experience but I need to make some modifications to some of the sink and sources like gr_file_source and gr_file_sink

Thanks,
Tom