[Discuss-gnuradio] FTW 802.11 ofdm encoder, sending multiple packages

From: Hans-Christian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FTW 802.11 ofdm encoder, sending multiple packages
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:31:16 -0800 (PST)

Hello @All,

i’m working on a project using the FTW 802.11 ofdm encoder Project from
Cgran on Ubutntu 10.04 and Gnuradio3.2.2, Python 2.6 , USRP2 RFx2400.
Transmitting single Frames works fine.

 I want to send multiple packages, so i modified the send_pkt function in
the ftw.ofdm.py file and call the “self._pkt_input.msgq().insert_tail(msg)
twice. ( and only EOF is send)
Both messages from the msgq are consumed, but only the first frame is
transmittet.
The script stops at tb.wait().

After reading a bit about the GR scheduler i guess there is a problem with
the set_output_rate in the ftw_ofdm_preamble.cc ( line 52 )

Is there a way to set the output_rate without knowledge about the numbers of
symbols per frame?  (or is everything ok with the set_output_rate, and the
error is somewhere else?)

 My  frame consists of 2 symbols, each a  vector of  80 elements after the
passing the ofdm_mapper, pilot,cmap,ifft, cpadder, scale and strem2vec.
(64QAM and 9 Byte payload)

The preamble has 320 items. Divided by 80 the preamble is 4 symbols long. So
the output is 6 symbols. Is that right?

Has anybody else tried to send multiple frames? (without calling the whole
script again)

Where can I find more information about the output_rate and scheduler?

Thanks for your help,

Hans