[Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to implement RX/TX cycle with a single WBX d

From: Thomas Arcuri
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to implement RX/TX cycle with a single WBX dboard?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:56:16 -0500

I am trying to implement a simple RX/TX cycle with a single WBX dboard in order to sense and transmit. I want to sense for a short period, then transmit data, and then repeat. This is going to happen at the same frequency however, so I need to eliminate interference from the TX when I am sensing.

Currently I have two separate flow-graphs, one for sensing/detecting and one for transmitting data. To be more specific I need to know the best way to disable the WBX on the transmitter graph while allowing the sensing graph to receive data. Looking at some GRC generated code I saw that with the GRC usrp_simple_sink_c that you can call set_enable(False). This seems to stop the transmission, but I am getting some strange results.

Is there a way to disable the TX side of the WBX and then re-enable it? Can we do this with non-GRC code?
What would be the best way to implement a transmit/receive cycle with the WBX and USRP1?

Thanks for looking!