Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design.py error
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:33:28 -0500

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM, I3VFJ <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Tom for quick response!
>
> Sorry, it was my mistake.... I miss the last 'make install' ...... too late
> in the night :(
> After double check next evening I'd found it, but no way....
>
> Now I get this :
>
> /usr/bin/python -u  "/usr/local/bin/gr_filter_design.py"
> Could not import from pyqt_filter. Please build with "pyuic4 pyqt_filter.ui
> -o pyqt_filter.py"
>
> ...what's wrong ???

gr_filter_design.py can not find pyqt_filter.py

> Launching that from shell ( via sudo... ) the answer is that is impossible
> to find pyqt_filter.ui.
> No sign of life with "find"... any suggestion ?

Quick fix:
Edit /usr/local/bin/gr_filter_design.py at line 27 replace:
   from pyqt_filter import Ui_MainWindow
with:
   from gnuradio.pyqt_filter import Ui_MainWindow

Alternatively, you can execute it in the source tree (assuming that it
has been built and .ui compiled):
gr-utils/src/python/gr_filter_design.py
You will also find the pyqt_filter.ui there

Alex

Thanks, Alex, that should fix it for him. I would just run it out of gr-utils/src/python, so this was carelessness on my part when adding this utility to the installation. I will fix it later.

Tom

This has been fixed in the 'next' branch (since we don't plan on cutting any more releases from master).

Thanks for pointing this out. Suggestions (or, better, patches) to improve the design tool are welcome.

Tom