[Discuss-gnuradio] My SHIELDING is wrong?

From: Songsong Gee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] My SHIELDING is wrong?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:31:56 +0900

I have electrodes to be tested their characteristics
Here is a picture of them,
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UY9fJGfk2iayEBafvniVbg?feat=directlink

And I connected them to USRPs via SMA-SMA cable
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/0wJ84tU_Y0veX6svcWBeMw?feat=directlink

However, there is a problem!
I want to know characteristics of just CIRCLE part, except a rod part.
In my experience, this rod part acts as an antenna! Thus, I cannot figure out exactly

So, I make a shield around the rod part. This shield is made with Aluminum foil which is used for cooking.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kMx24c0PLaQdhfo2-t00MQ?feat=directlink
And I expect that the rod part rarely sense electromagnetic wave and thus only the circle part can receive a signal

The result is like this:

Result without SHIELDING
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JBWG6A0NzhbLgcto44_B0w?feat=directlink
Result with SHIELDING
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/H9RItzjpfemHy-OR2eQhQg?feat=directlink

That's very weird.
As my knowledge, if there is SHIELDING, the sensitivity of an antenna should get worse.
But, in my experiment, this SHIELDING helps communication!
I have any idea of it. I got confused

Did I make shielding wrong?