Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined Symbol with UHD in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined Symbol with UHD in GRC
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:13:38 -0700

> I checked out both again from git and installed to /opt/uhd and
> /opt/gnuradio, respectively, after 'make uninstall' for the other
> versions.
> './configure', 'make' and 'make install' did not stop with error, uhd
> blocks are available in GRC, but the symbol is still not there.
> The symbol _ZN3uhd4usrp10multi_usrp9ALL_GAINSE which causes the error is
> in the libgnuradio-uhd.so and also in the libuhd.so
> I'm sort of puzzeled at this point.

I am puzzled as well. It seems the symbol ALL_GAINS is not being
exported for you. Here is the line, nothing weird about that:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/repository/revisions/master/entry/host/include/uhd/usrp/multi_usrp.hpp#L94

You said that the problem also happens with libuhd.so. So if you run the
example rx_timed_samples, the application also prints out this undefined
symbol error? If possible I would like to narrow this down to a uhd
problem or a uhd+gnuradio problem, etc...

Also, what compiler are you using? what version, etc..?

-Josh