[Discuss-gnuradio] multifrequency multiprotocol network

From: Gunther Ferdinand
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] multifrequency multiprotocol network
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    If I would like to establish a communication with an ISM band module how far away should it be? Could I receive data from a module using a transceiver with transmit power of +13dBm that is located at 20m (indoor) distance or more (the module is able to send data as far as 800m outdoor and 10m or more indoor - depending on number of walls). If I start to send data from USRP1 to other modules how far should be those modules (withing the range of 20m indoor or more), I read that USRP1 Tx power is 50mW - 100 mW (17-20dBm)?

   If I have for example 10 modules, half of them working on 868MHz and the other half on 915MHz, could I read data transmitted from these modules and send data back based on a certain communication protocol (ex: modules working on 915MHz will send and receive data between them as well as other modules on 868MHz and the USRP1 + WBX [50MHz - 2.2GHz] + LP0410 [400MHz - 1000MHz] driven by a PC - with a fast dual core processor - will switch fast enough to read data from one of two groups, identify signal, decode it and use data). The problem would be how to guess where the data is comming from and to decode it (group A communication - FSK; group B communication - GFSK).

  Would it be possible.
Thank you very much,
Gunther.