Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updates to gr-qtgui

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updates to gr-qtgui
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:48:23 -0400

On 04/14/2011 09:40 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

Hmm... that's very disappointing. I was unable to reproduce this on three of my machines (Core2Quad, i7, and i7 (sandybridge)) and a couple of VMs. But I did see a segfault about once in twenty on my Core2Duo. So that that for what you will.

I tried your fix and also applied the fix to pyqt_example_f.py and ran both about 50 times in a row without seeing the seg fault, so that seems to fix it. Either that, or it just reduces the probability of it occurring even more.... But I think we go with it until someone reports another problem.

Good catch, thanks!

Tom

I think this speaks to the *monumental* complexity of modern software.  The surprising thing is not how well it generally works, but that
  it works at all.

I think that people who aren't software developers (heck, technology developers in general) have no grasp of the horrendous complexity we
  juggle in our heads every day, and generally "just make it work".

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator