[Discuss-gnuradio] User experience with E1x0 boards

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] User experience with E1x0 boards
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:43:10 -0700

Hi All,

My lab is interested in purchasing some USRPs. It is pretty settled
that some of the boards will be the N2x0 series, but I am interested
to hear from people who have used the E1x0 boards. From what I can
tell, the E1x0 board should have better latency performance than the
N2x0 and should have a better interface with the FPGA (GPIO pins);
also, it has an onboard DSP. It seems that the latency would be the
main motivation for the product, from an experimental point of view.

Has anyone tried integrating processing on the FPGA and DSP to get
better latency results? Your thoughts on the board versus the N2x0?

If you want to take the discussion off list, feel free to.

Thanks,
Colby