Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help : Is this right that the daughterboard passe

From: ton ph
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help : Is this right that the daughterboard passes data to the usrp board in the I and Q format.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:04:47 +0530

Hi marcus
      thanks for immediate reply and your guide was  very helpful from my side ... Now the question is  ,
 suppose,  i have 12 bit  200 mhz adc , and i do not want to reduce my processing bit , as per the instruction from your side it could be
hard to process in my i5 , 4Gb ddr3 configuration computer and also i am not aware  of the IF bandwidth which might require to make
the bandwidth  process instantly ( simultaneously ) . Will gnuradio be able to support the instantaneous processing of the 100Mhz bandwidth,
I have a bit doubt as i learnt that gnuradio can support 8Mhz only.

Thanks , and i highly apologize if my post is a bit out of track or may be called a bit illogical ....

Thanks marcus.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/25/2011 03:45 AM, ton ph wrote:
> Thank marcus for the information ,
>   Thou it may be a out of track question , is that possible by using
> any of the daughter board available to process 100 Mhz of bandwidth
> ... more correctly what can i do, for Exp: if i want to access a
> bandwidth of range 105 Mhz ... will usrp be able to support, because
> as i think gnuradio can support only 8Mhz bandwidth at a time , will
> we be able to make changes in gnuradio ? ....  I highly apologize if
> any of my question is illogical or out of track.
>
> Thanks

The USRP2 and N2XX series sample signals at 100Msps, so the FPGA "sees"
100MHz of incoming
 bandwidth.  But the absolute most you can send down the 1GiGE
interface to the host is 25Msps.

If you modified the FPGA code to send 8-bit samples to the host, you
might be able to do 50Mhz,
 and with 4-bit samples, 100Mhz.   At least in theory.

In practice, you'll have a hard time processing that much bandwidth on
the host computer, unless it's
 a really fast computer, and you're not doing anything even vaguely
complicated with the signals
 on the computer.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium

--
Phenomenon
# Life is the most precious phenomenon ever happen ...