Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Subject: Re: USRP testing plesae help

From: smith mark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Subject: Re: USRP testing plesae help
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:37:42 +0500

Thanks for the response, I did sudo make and sudo make install when I was installing the UHD. My UHD folder is in my home directory. Sorry, I am not getting you with your last post because I am not very good at Linux. Any helpĀ furtherĀ is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Smith

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM, LRK <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 05:33:17PM +0500, smith mark wrote:

> I downloaded UHD from link above, then I did following.
> cd UHD.
> cd host
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake ../
> make
> make install
> ldconfig

You can install in userspace but then you need to be sure PYTHONPATH
and maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH are pointing to your install. Most users
do 'sudo make install' to install in /usr/local.

ldconfig will not find things in userspace and elf-ld can't figure out
that a program in /something/bin might have libraries in /something/lib.

After you do cmake, the Makefile should be able to clean out old
stuff with 'make uninstall' and 'make clean' before the new make and
sudo make install.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net