Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Like writing DSP code? Hate editing makefiles?

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Like writing DSP code? Hate editing makefiles?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:53:57 +0000

Hi Martin,

You Wrote:

Example: you want to create a new module called 'mydsp' and add two
blocks 'mydsp_algorithm1_ff' and 'mydsp_algorithm2_cc'. The first one is
a sync block, the second a hier block. Also, you'd like bindings for
GRC.  This is what it might look like:

I must confess I am not a great DSP coder, but often find that blocks
that are in gnuradio itself don't have GRC blocks defined.

Could I use your tool to add them ? For example the jack audio blocks
are there in gnuradio itself, but only the audio sink/source is in
GRC, and that talks to ALSA.

I could of course use the old "plugjack" trick, but why add the extra
latency in going thru the ALSA subsystem first ? :)

And yes, I'm that lazy :)

Best Regards

Iain