Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet sink query.

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet sink query.
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:04:28 -0500

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM, anay tuljapurkar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey,
       I am working on a MAC layer application and i had a general question about packet sinks as in a sink that could store and decode a PPDU. Is there an example code for such a sink since i did try to look for it but could not find any. Im going to create on either way but just looking at an example would give me a better idea of what i can improve in my code.

Thanks,
Anay.

Anay,
Probably best to start looking at gr_framer_sink_1.cc (in gnuradio-core/src/lib/general). It's a very simple way of framing bits into packets, implemented as a state machine.

Sounds like you should be able to start from here and improve it to your packet structure.

Tom