Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code '12 is On

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code '12 is On
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:29:42 +0100

Hi everyone,

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 09:46:08AM -0500, Philip Balister wrote:
> At the last developer call I agreed to lead the GSoC effort.

That's great!
As you might know, I'm always interested in getting students involved in
GNU Radio, so I'd like to join the mentoring crew.

Also, I'd like to keep this thread going. Here's a wiki page for GSoc,
to collect ideas etc.:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoC (the wiki is
being quite slow, again).

> Based on my prior experience with GSoC (via the BeagleBoard project),
> the single most important part of the application is the list of ideas.
> We need to start thinking about ideas that are possible for
> undergrad/grad type students in a three month period. I also recommend
> looking at idea list published by other successful organizations.

Here's what GIMP did last year (just picked a random project):
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Hacking:GSoC_2011/Ideas

Not too difficult, it seems :)

> The application deadline is March 9. We should aim to be done before
> that due to WSR12.

So you're coming? :)

MB

--