Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Feature #394

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Feature #394
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:27:43 -0500

Thanks, I think i'll work on QA too while i'm at it then.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Andrew Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I would like to help expand the C++ API, so I'm attempting to work on Feature #394 or "Re-implement hierarchical blocks currently living in blks2 in C++ and put into gnuradio-core/src/lib/hier." I've started on am_demod.py but this requires optfir, which is also in python, I think this should also be available to us C++ users, so i'm converting it too.  I'm new to GnuRadio and would like to know if i'm on the right track before I get to far. The files so far are included.

Thank you.

Hi Andrew,
It looks to me like you're on the right track! Thanks for making a go at it.

So you seem to have the general style correct in the files that I looked at. Once it's coded, the ultimate test is, obviously, to make sure that the data produced by any of these guys is the same as is produced by the Python versions. This is a good case where the QA code would be useful, so we would have a set of tests with known output that you could compare against the new implementations. Unfortunately, I don't see an QA for the optfir, but it would probably be good to have one.

Tom