[Discuss-gnuradio] About the use of gr.probe_signal_f()

From: Wu Ting
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About the use of gr.probe_signal_f()
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:00:53 +0900

Hi all,

I’m trying to read the real-time value of a stream from USRP. I’m considering using gr.probe_signal_f, but it seems to not work. I’m really new to GNURadio, so please forgive me if I ask some stupid question.

My method is like this:

#First generate a source from USRP:

self.source = uhd.usrp_source(device_addr=’’, stream_args=uhd.stream_args(‘fc32’, ‘sc16’), args=’scalar=1024’)

#change from complex to interleaved short:

op1 = gr.complex_to_interleaved_short()

#change from short to float

op2 = gr.short_to_float()

#create probe

self.probe = gr.probe_signal_f()

self.connect(self.source, op1, op2, self.probe)

And in a true while loop, I print the value of the probe, but the value is always 0.0

Could anyone tell me what is the problem? And is there any better way to realize this function?

Thanks.

Wu