Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Passing numpy arrays into vector parameters

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Passing numpy arrays into vector parameters
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:12:06 -0500

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Burak TUYSUZ <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I saw that there was a feature request 2 years ago.
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/399
Is there any progress on that or any idea how to do that?
Thank you
-Burak

Burak,
There hasn't been much work (or interest that I've seen) in making this work. There is this page:
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/swig.interface-file.html

It has information about how to pass numpy arrays through Swig. From my reading of it, though, it doesn't seem to really be applicable to how things are defined in GNU Radio. If someone were to make a go at getting it to work generically with our blocks, I'd like to have a look.

Any time I work with numpy/scipy arrays, I just pass them through by calling the tolist() method on the array. This returns a Python list that works correctly with GNU Radio blocks.

Tom