Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] discussion on USRP-->Wall Socket for Power Line C

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] discussion on USRP-->Wall Socket for Power Line Comms
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:03:46 -0800

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 13:20, Nick Foster <address@hidden> wrote:

> Before anyone goes out there and barbecues themselves with a USRP, two
> things:
>
> 1) Use Ettus Research products for power-line or hazardous voltage
> applications at your own risk and after careful evaluation by competent
> engineer.

Yep.  While of course individuals may choose to go whatever route for
their own experimentation, if we (GNU Radio project) do anything with
GSoC related to power line communications, the student would need to
use a commercially manufactured product that has been engineered for
the purpose and have UL and/or CE certification.

Johnathan