[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-digital and USRP sample rate

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-digital and USRP sample rate
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:33:23 +0000

I noticed that the generic_mod_demod.py script in gr-digital uses a root-raised cosine filter taps and the polyphase filterbank arbitrary resampler block. I want to resample so that I can exactly hit a supported USRP transmit sample rate. What kind of issues will I encounter trying to do this? My understanding is that the USRP can only sample at integer divisions of the DSP rate (100MSPS for N200/210)., and that if a requested sample rate doesn’t hit a supported rate exactly, it picks the nearest faster one. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Sean