[Discuss-gnuradio] SBX Daughterboard dead?

From: jsrdor
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SBX Daughterboard dead?
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:34:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello Again,

I think i know the answer to this question but I still hope i am not right.

Setup N210 with SBX

One of my colleagues plugged in TX/RX an external discone antenna with an
RG58 cable playing around in the 3 Ghz band. Somehow he managed to get down
to 400 Mhz where db increases partly because of the antenna gain and the
reduced attenuation of the cable. After some experimentation the SBX stopped
receiving signals. I changed antenas (LP0965) cables etc removed and
reinstalled the SBX but it wont give me any signals. Usrp appears to work
alright - leds flashing etc but i dont have another daughterboard to test
it.

SBX is flashing as well but no signal in TX/RX nor RX2. When tuning
different frequencies there are no errors etc, but i receive just noise. I
think that the down left corner of the SBX (as you see it- to the left of
RX2) is getting hotter than it used to.

That leads to the question, is the Db dead? Any way to fix it? Is there a
limit in the input db when connecting an external antenna? I would guess an
attenuator would be needed?

Thanks alot,
R.I.P SBX

Jason