Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake destination on 64-bit machines

From: John Coppens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake destination on 64-bit machines
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:13:25 -0300

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:14:27 -0800
Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> I think its the double dashes. Try -DLIB_SUFFIX=64
> >
> > Yes! Thanks... But why the double dash on --DREDHAT ?
>
> I dont recommend it. I think all the double dash arguments are ignored.

Single dash (-DREDHAT) isn't accepted - maybe it's necessary to
set -DREDHAT=1 or so. I didn't try that.

I'm chasing a linking error, where an old libpng.12 library pops up,
which then collides with the last version .15. For some reason grc
links with libxfce (which contains the old png version). I compile
loads of programs, never had this problem...

> BTW, how would you detect a slackware install for the cmake build. Is
> there a friendly etc file hanging around, just like debian/redhat detection?

/etc/slackware-version

is one of the first files installed on any slackware system. It
contains a simple string like:

Slackware 13.37.0

Architecture might be detectable from uname?

Cheers,
John