Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of Grblock

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of Grblock
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:17:51 -0800

On 03/09/2012 08:41 AM, spino wrote:
> Hi community
>

> I hope you're doing well. I had been using the GrBlock feature, that
> was in Josh's branch http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/log/?h=next,
> but I wonder if it was merged into the master project? I had the
> version 3.5.0rc0. Is it safe to continue developing using GrBlock?

Sorry, the work has not been merged yet. But, I think its safe to use.
If it turns out that writing blocks in python is too awesome a feature
for gnuradio to contain, I can move this feature into a standalone
gr-extras package. That way you can use an official release and this
feature.

FWIW, The work has been squashed and ready for merge last year:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/log/?h=python_blocks

-Josh