Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample audio from my FM stereo receiver

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample audio from my FM stereo receiver
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:08:57 -0400

Doesn't sound as good to me, maybe it's just a bad sample. I for some
reason ( I know the math tells me otherwise ) I find it sounds better
the faster I sample, like 500M. I feel like it has something to do
with more exact following of the FM signal curve or something.

So how exactly does the software FM Demod work ( crossing detection )?
And why can my $5 toy FM radio sound so much cleaner?