[Discuss-gnuradio] wxGUIs and threads

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] wxGUIs and threads
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:42:48 +0200

I can't solve a little issue with wxgui and threads. Before the explanation i link my pastebin code :

(1) http://pastebin.com/sqbKTJG7

(2) http://pastebin.com/TemTW7cZ

the first link is the code to a simple gui with one combobox and three textboxes. My goal is to collect this data in a buffer and then pass it with a thread to a flow graph with gui object (i.e. line 149 of code (1)). So an instance of that object is called (code (2)) and a flow graph for the real time estimation of BER is called and run as well.

I however experience an error which I reported on Daniweb :

http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/python/threads/417510/calling-threads-between-wxgtkguis

the called object (i.e. ber_rician_bpsk ) is a stdgui2.std_top_block object and stdframe4 (code (1)) is a lightly modified version of stdgui2.stdframe by me to accept more parameters.

is someone able to help me ?

Regards, Arturo