Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recent development activity, upcoming plans

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recent development activity, upcoming plans
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:20:29 -0700

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 23:17, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

> There was this idea of loadable modules for gr-audio. That way one could
> build gr-audio for all the audio development environments, but when
> deploying, you only install the modules that the OS has runtime support
> for. Think deb packaging, where each module becomes a package with
> specific requirements like libjack, libalsa...

When gr-audio was individual top-level directories, doing the above
was trivial, and in fact, was how it was done for the old debian
packages in 3.2.

How do you see making this work now?

> Would this merge event be
> a good time to implement something like that?

No, I think it would be development work that could happen after the
3.6.0 release, either on master as part of 3.6.1, or on the new 3.7
next branch, depending on the  intrusiveness of the solution.

Johnathan