Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault

From: Stefan Ott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:12:55 +0200

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 18:43, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/02/2012 09:27 AM, Stefan Ott wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> Just curious, have you had a chance to look at this?
>>
>> Also, in the meantime I tried using your kernel tree
>> (e100-3.0-pm-2-fixes-from-review) which seems to have a newer version
>> of the usrp_e driver, built with the kernel configuration that I took
>> from a working USRP image. However, when trying to modprobe the usrp-e
>> module, I get:
>
> That branch is not done yet :)

Ah, good to know :)

> I just updated github to match the current shipping kernel (from last
> week) See the e100-3.0-pm-2-bugfixes branch. In particular, I added some
> code to do some range checking on the values passed to the ioctl in:
>
> https://github.com/balister/linux-omap-philip/commit/057c170c1bae5f036c9b37838405b9d1d773ab84

Ah thanks. I just built a new kernel using that patch (i.e. from the
e100-3.0-pm-2-bugfixes branch). I hope that was the right one, the
usrp_e driver looks ok but is only at version 0.2 as opposed to the
one from the e100-3.0-pm-2-fixes-from-review branch which is at
version 0.3. I still get a segfault / kernel NULL pointer dereference
as soon as I modprobe usrp_e though.

cheers
--
Stefan Ott