Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging in gnuradio

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging in gnuradio
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 06:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

> You can use the following link as a guide to debugging segfaults when
> they occur:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#How-do-I-debug-GNU-Radio-in-Python

Hi Tom

I've noticed this issue pop up a few times on the list and noticed that the
wiki suggests starting the app
under control of GDB.  This has in the past caused me a lot of "Heisen-bugs"
because GDB really messes
with the timing of some apps.
The true old-fashioned way was 'core' files (I learned Fortran on a machine
with 8K of 16-bit words of core ;-).  I've put together
a writeup on using this alternative method of invoking GDB, which is at

http://op25.osmocom.org/wiki/wiki/DebugPage

If you feel like incorporating this verbiage into the main GR wiki, I'd be
happy to send you the raw markup...

Best Regards

Max