Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacOS 10.7.3 - mmap or shm_open is not available

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacOS 10.7.3 - mmap or shm_open is not available
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:41:25 -0400

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmmph.  Well, I bet Apple did something "clever" inside the Darwin kernel
> that messed with shared memory in 10.7.3.  There's probably a work-around
> too, but I have no idea what it might be right now since I'm still using
> 10.6.8: it's stable and works well for what I need right now.  I'll look into
> this issue at the end of this week unless someone else gets there first :) -
> MLD

>>> Hi Steven - First, the humor < http://xkcd.com/138/ >.
>>>

>> I was waiting for something like that :o)

Steven,

Try to rebuild GNU Radio using -DTRY_SHM_VMCIRCBUF=Off.

After you rebuild it, make sure you remove
"~/.gnuradio/prefs/gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory" so you don't confuse
the system.

We recently re-enabled this with cmake and it's the default under
autotools. There's a known bug in Cygwin, which was why this is an
option that can be set. As far as I know, it's always worked under
OSX, but as Michael said, something might have changed and it's just
been masked for a while. It'll be interesting to know if this is a new
problem.

Tom