Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 22:13:50 -0700

It appears that each test case is being run twice.  I think once to
generate the xml output, and once to generate output for stdout and
tell you whether it failed.  The random number generator isn't being
reseeded at the start of each test so they can produce different
results, so you can sometimes see debug statements that indicate it
should fail, but the output to stdout claims that is passes.  I've
attached a patch that make each test use it's own random number
generating object which seems a tidier way to do this, and makes the
tests repeatable.

Since there seem to be a fair number of choices of seed that produce
an error fraction of over 0.2, I've also increased the acceptable
error rate in the test to 0.3, as Alick initially suggested.