Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP PSK modulation

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP PSK modulation
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:22:47 -0400

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Vivian Paola Triana Galeano
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using non-differential modulation. But I used differential before and it
> didn't work neither. I think my problem is with the sample rate that I have
> to set in UHD_USRP Sink and Source Blocks. I try to send a wav file that has
> maximum frequency of 12kHz so I set the sample rate at 28kHz, however it
> didn't. I need understand what the sample rate refers to.
>
> Thansks in advance for helping me!

Vivian,

You definitely need to use differential, so make sure you start there
(on both ends of the chain).

Have you just tried using the benchmark_tx/rx examples and got those
working first? Best to understand that and get it working before
trying to do your own thing. At least at that point, you know that
your setup will work and if something goes wrong it's in the new code.

Often, people have problems because the frequency of the transmitter
and receiver radios are too far apart and the receiver cannot lock to
the signal. Make sure you've corrected for any major frequency offsets
(this is a common problem that people bring up on the list, so google
for it if you need more information).

Tom