Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] crashes, memory errors and valgrind

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] crashes, memory errors and valgrind
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 08:18:27 -0400

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Patrick Strasser
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Tom Rondeau wrote on 2012-06-03 17:12:
>> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Patrick Strasser
>> Patrick,
>>
>> It looks like you're problem is in the rational_resampler code. I
>> wonder if there's something about the resampling rate being used
>> that's causing something to go out of bounds here. Can you dig into
>> the code and figure out what interpolation and decimation rates are
>> being used?
>
> Interpolation is 1, decimation is 2.
>
> I compiled GNU Radio branch v3.6.0 with
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..
> which resulted in a compile with flags -g -O2 .
> I tried to track what's happening in gdb, in gr_fir_fff_simd::set_taps,
> but -O2 was not helping, a lot optimized out, loops unrolled.
>
> Full valgrind log in
> http://pastebin.com/7GCs3bWy
>
> regards
>
> Patrick

I was hoping you'd say the interpolation and/or decimation were some
ridiculously large numbers. Since the block is only actually
decimating, could you replace it in the code with an fir_filter_fff
(or fft_filter_fff) just for testing purposes? That'll help us see if
it's the rational resampler itself or something more general.

Tom