Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ABI compatibility error for installing Gnuradio a

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ABI compatibility error for installing Gnuradio and UHD respectively
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:00:33 -0700

On 06/04/2012 01:55 PM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I install the gnuradio and UHD in different time, and when I run a python
> script, it tells me:
>
> RuntimeError:
> GR-UHD detected ABI compatibility mismatch with UHD library.
> GR-UHD was build against ABI: 3.4.0-1,
> but UHD library reports ABI: 3.4.0-2
> Suggestion: install an ABI compatible version of UHD,
> or rebuild GR-UHD component against this ABI version

There error is working perfectly! Rather than silently failing you get a
nice error. Read about ABI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_binary_interface

The installed version of the gnuradio-uhd library was compiled against
UHD library of version X, but you installed UHD library version Y.
Version X and version Y do not have matching ABIs. You should build
gr-uhd against the same version of UHD that you have installed.

-josh